You probably do not give much thought to the parts of a refrigerator before it breaks down, or unless it comes time to buy a new one. To guarantee you get the most use possible out of this invaluable appliance it can be very nice to know how a refrigerator keeps your food and drinks cool—and Instant Livonia Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read below to find out everything you should know about how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is time to call refrigerator repair Livonia.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find many homes that do not feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a must-own appliance for several years. A residential refrigerator stores your food at the right temperature, to eliminate rotting and stop harmful bacteria. The concept of refrigeration starts by transferring the heat from the interior of the refrigerator to the exterior, by relying on principles of evaporation and condensation.
The main parts of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Instant Livonia Appliance Repair:
The compressor is both a pump and motor, and it is necessary for circulation of refrigerant throughout the cooling system.
The compressor is a very important piece of a refrigerator. You should enlist a professional service if the compressor is no longer working.
The condenser is located on the rear outside wall of the appliance and is there to disperse the heat collected from within the refrigerator then out in the air.
The refrigerator evaporator is attached on the interior of a refrigerator where it absorbs the heat contained within it, thereby lowering the interior temperature.
The moment the evaporator isn’t working, it is time to hire a professional. You should not wait until it’s too late.
Liquid coolant is directed through a capillary tube which acts as an expansion device to cool the gas inside, transforming the gas into a liquid.
A thermostat helps regulate the current temperature throughout the refrigerator, starting the cooling cycle as it is necessary.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is often prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and hire a repairman in Livonia for service right when a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature inside the refrigerator rises higher than the set point sensors signal the refrigerator compressor to begin, and then the cool down begins. The refrigerator collects the cold liquid refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses it, and increases the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas.
2. The compressor unit pushes the warm gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils located on the back of the refrigerator, at which point it comes into contact with warmer air temperature in the room and transforms to a liquid form.
3. The cool liquified gas then continues on its trip towards the evaporator component, traveling through the many coils within the appliance and freezer.
4. The liquid absorbs the heated air from inside the refrigerator, thereby cooling the temperature until it has reached the desired set point.
5. The refrigerant then will evaporate, and turns back to a gas, and then returns to the compressor to then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is often used in a lot of applications and household appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By extracting heat from one location and then transferring it to elsewhere the continuous cycle of refrigeration will help cooling a house, creates a safe storage space for perishable food, and helps with manufacturing and storage of a number of different common products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need professional attention? Time to schedule service with Instant Livonia Appliance Repair.
Instant Livonia Appliance Repair can fix most standard brands of refrigerators – including industrial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our experienced technicians in Livonia undergo training to repair cooling problems, broken ice makers, condensation, puddles of water and leaks, light bulbs, digital controls, smart technology and various problems. We know refrigerator repair! Call today!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working